Wednesday, February 13, 2013

40 Days and 40 Nights

Dusting this one off again...

Considering I won Catholic of the year for returning from mass and promptly screaming "Christ!" as I fell over my desk chair and dropped a load of books on the floor I've decided I may need a bit more accountability for my Lenten fast.

So here goes nothing:


  • No shopping. I don't need anything. Save food and household essentials (note: this does not include my hair as it would be a crime against humanity to let my roots get any worse. And, as we all know, if there's one thing God loves, it's humanity. Seeing as He, you know, gave us His only begotten son etc. Also, God don't like ugly).



  • Corollary to the above, wear a different outfit every work day between now and Holy Thursday. This should not be a problem as I just took 50lbs of laundry to the wash and still have an over flowing closet (in fairness, said laundry included linens and towels and I've spent the past decade working in fashion, clothes are my jam).While I'm at it, I may as well post a photo of each outfit to this blog. Gotta keep myself honest.


  • Run 40 miles between now and Easter. If Christ can rise from the dead I can certainly pull out my sneakers and resurrect my jogging habit. Last time I ran was June 21, 2012. As an extra added bonus, and just to keep me honest, I will post my map my run times. 
And away we go.....

No comments: