Thursday, November 29, 2007

No Coke, Pepsi

I am in an abusive relationship with the coffee shop down the street.

In theory, the shop is perfectly suited to me. It serves breakfast, lunch and late afternoon snacks each day from 8-5. Check. It's conveniently located and a quick run for a coke takes roughly 10 minutes (includeing elevator time). Check. Check.

But OH. MY. GOD. The service! The incompetence! The ANNOYANCE!

This morning I wanted a bagel. Actually, I still want a bagel. Everything. Toasted with butter. Light on the butter. No need to overdo it on the butter.

I ordered my bagel, watched it toast and then watched as the guys behind the counter let it sit, and get cold, for 3 minutes. I timed them. Argh. I asked for a new, hot bagel. They offered me one that had been toasted only 2 minutes ago.

Then I left. Annoyed beyond belief and with very low blood sugar.

And the worst part is, I'll go back. I always do.

1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

Good lord!
I would have been wanting to jump out of my skin just watching that bagel sit and cool...

I would have been like Shirley M. in Terms of Endearment, pounding on the nurses station,

"Get me my bagel. Now! I need my bagel now!"

Well...in my imagination I would do that.