Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hi-the-diddley-I-dill-dum

I have trouble with impulse control; a tendency to say whatever comes into my mind the moment it comes to mind. This causes all sorts of trouble in my life, much like the time I screamed, "Jane you ignorant slut!" from the upper deck of the tennis pro shop,embarrasing myself and my family in front of the community (or so my mother opined).

Worse yet, I have never learned how to leave gracefully. Quit while I'm ahead. Say good night Gracie. Generally speaking I am the last one to leave a party. I may even stay the night. Ahem.

Fortunately, while I may be a glutton, I'm also intelligent enough to surround myself with those more restrained. This came into play last night when, after a few pints and one delicious glass of Pimm's, I felt another round was in order. My good friend wisely reminded me that it was a school night and perhaps we should retire for the evening.

And thus, here I am this dark and rainy morning. Bright eyed and bushy tailed.

No comments: