Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mary Harriman Would be Proud

Had myself a Junior League meeting last night. I adore my committee, but take slight exception with one of my co-chairs. She is a “corporate trainer by nature,” her words, not mine. Frankly, I feel corporate trainers/teambuilders occupy the circle of hell just above HR. So I admit, I am biased.

At the beginning of each meeting, Madam Co-Chair has us play an “ice breaker” (ice breakers are what one is made to play in the final circle of hell). Last week it was the M&M game, last night it was “Similarities,” turn to the person on your left and list 5 things you have in common.
As luck would have it, I sat next to my dear friend.
We listed our similarities:

Things we like:

Gin
Vodka
Our hairdresser
Plaid
Being in charge

Somehow I don’t think that’s what Madam Co-Chair had in mind…

1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

Love your list and I think it is fine and dandy.

Please tell me next time you decide to blog like this!!!

A whole month...and I missed it....

I love being able to read it all this morning....