Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Not a Significant Source of Calories

So in general I am quite against “fake” foods. I am a “eat ice cream if you want ice cream” kinda girl—no fat free half and half or splenda for me. What’s that, oh that diet coke can, pay no attention to that. Anyway, as I was saying, I do my best to avoid chemical laden foodstuffs.

Friday I broke down. I needed something sweet. Something to munch. Out comes the sugar free jello. Orange. Made with diet 7 Up. Yummy. With Cool Whip lite. Saturday, I took it a step further. Fat free, sugar free, cook and serve Jello pudding.

Oh. My. Gawd.

Lawsy.

Per serving just, it comes out better calorie wise and nutritionally equal to the ricotta deserts in the South Beach book. Even with the “whipped topping.”

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I want to wear a bikini this summer. I’ve never worn one before (I mean, except for that gloriously anorexic summer I lived in Nice. My head was a mess, I starved and purged but I weighed 122 lbs and had a c cup. I looked good. And I didn’t even own a bikini that summer. I wore a pair of dark panties as bikini bottoms and ran around topless. Vive la France!) For 13 summers I’ve said, “next summer.” Summer 2007 IS “next summer.” Damnit!

No comments: