Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Making Salt

I am not on the wagon. I am not off the wagon. I am behind the wagon, walking at a clip, attempting to keep up with the wagon whilst doing my best to avoid breaking a sweat. It’s an interesting position. I am playing Mountbatten to my wagon’s Ghandi. We’re chasing the same goal, one more reluctantly than that other. The goal is a good and righteous one and, as with most things good and righteous, it is difficult and painful to achieve. At times we work together at others, well, I know how Mountbatten felt when Ghandi would take his days of silence (that fucker). On my better days I am inspired by thoughts of independence. On bad I have visions of boats exploding in the Irish sea…

All this to say, I ran both Tuesday and Wednesday night. Pathetically, but I did run.

No comments: