Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Deep Pockets and Short Arms

That’s what my dad would say to me when I was a kid.

“why don’t we go to the islands for easter?”
‘Cause I got deep pockets and short arms

That’s what I’ll have this month.

Here’s what I won’t have:
Any outstanding bills.

Ayup. All paid in full and up-to-date.

Feels good.

When I first moved to New York, or, rather, when I first moved into my apartment, I had this idea in my head. I thought if only I could read X salary and Y position that I could relax. I would feel happy and confident. Magically, or so it seems, I now make that salary and have that job. So I have it, I’m pleased to have reached the goal I set for myself 2 years ago, and at the same time am thinking about the next step, the next place.

So I guess that’s it really. Being pleased with your current situation but looking forward to the next.

The feelings of accomplishment and competency are two of the nicest feelings in the world.

No comments: