Friday, May 18, 2007

You Should Know the Score by Now

Spring has sprung.

I know this because the tourists are out in force.

The city holds its breath between now and Labor Day. Come the second week of September there is an audible sigh of relief. Life has returned to normal.

But, for now, it's tourist season.

This morning as I headed to work I passed two seperate groups (as an aside, what tourist group is up and running at 9 something in the morning? At 9 something on a vacation morning I'm still in my jim-jams, either sleeping or drinking tea, certainly not touring a city with camera around my neck).

Tourists, as a rule, annoy the heck out of me. They don't know how to walk and they clog the sidewalks. They line up around the block to get a Magnolia cupcake (FYI, they're not very good). But, I digress.

So, there I am crossing W. 3rd at Thompson on my way to the A/C/E and I'm hit with a gaggle of them. Seriously, 20 people. And I thought, "what have I got to loose?" So I start screaming,

"Take a picture of me! Of me! I'm a real New Yorker! I'm on my way to work!"

And they did! So, at 9 something this morning, wearing all black (natch), I posed for pictures.

I can just hear the conversations,
"And then, in Greenwich Village, we took a picture of a REAL New Yorker!"

He he he.

2 comments:

Flip said...

Do all real New Yorkers come from Philadelphia?

Donna Boucher said...

You are sassy.
When I come to New York, I am asking you how to walk and act and where to eat :o)

You are sassy!
Poor dopey tourists :o)

p.s. thanks for blogging :o)