Monday, December 24, 2007

Got Jul

We've reached that wonderful point in the holidays where it seems as though it's always been Christmas and always will. Time has no meaning and one day rolls into the next in a haze of chocolate and cookies and egg nog.

It's the most wonderful way to spend Christmas. I picked up a few last minute presents today. I stopped by a few friends houses to say hello and wish them Merry Merry.

"I know it's incredibly rude to just show up unannounced, but it's Christmas and I couldn't let it go by without saying hello."

What can I say? We're Yankees. We don't stop by unannounced. At Christmas, though, it's okay.

We ate lasagna for dinner while watching It's A Wonderful Life. I was good this year. I didn't start to cry until Mary said, "George Baily I'll love you til the day I die."

I cry at everything.

Then it was off to the Christmas Eve celebrations. And oh! Did we celebrate.

Tomorrow it's presents and mass and then off to CA for vacation.

Merry Christmas. And God bless us, everyone.

1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

Say hello to the sun for me.
That is quite a flight from Ny to Ca.

Have a blast!