Friday, December 14, 2007

Congratulations

Oh! Wow! I did it!
Made it to Friday, that is.

Truthfully, I didn't think I'd make it.
Wednesday was so bad, I thought Thursday would have to be better.
Nope! I was wrong. Thursday was worse.

I even threw a temper tantrum.
At work!
Over the capitalization of the seasons!

"Well, you could capitalize it, but it would be WRONG. If you don't have a problem with sending it out WRONG, then fine by me."

Then I sent an email with links to 4 different grammar/style websites PROVING to them that I was right. And then, I copied out the text from the Chicago Manual of Style, just in case they needed more proof.

And then, after all that, I went around to each person's desk and apologized for my behavior.

I could use a little grace, folks.

1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

Sounds like you need a date with your favorite city.

Enjoy the beauty and wonder that is NYC.

You are a dear to even think of apologizing in the workplace. Bet that doesn't happen often!