Friday, November 14, 2008

Luncheon at Smythson

Last night after shopping my friend and I went to dinner.

We were talking about the past year-- all the changes and such and how in many ways I'm living an entirely different life than I did last year or even in May.

I said, "Sometimes I look around and think, 'whose life is this?' Feels too nice to be mine."
She replied, "It's yours my darling girl, yours."

I'm Irish. I don't like to tempt fate or anything like that, but I'm quite sure I've never been this happy before. Maybe once, maybe the summer my brother David was 1 and we joined Overbrook. Perhaps the 2 weeks on Cape Cod the summer after my freshman year of college. London after college, of course. Even the summer of 2007 when I bopped around the eastern seaboard. Still, those were more like anomolies.

This. This current life I have. This lovely little life. It's just too much for words. This sort of sustained happiness and contement. It's just delightful.

And I am grateful for it each and every day. I really am.

I hope that counts for something.

No comments: