Friday, January 11, 2008

Thunderstorms in January

I'm at home today.
I went to work yesterday, but turns out that 1 death in the family + 1 v. strained relationship with 1 v. disturbed family member= up all night long.
Oh, and hives to boot!

I love how I react physically to any and all stress in my life. Makes things so....interesting.

Anyway, I'm at home. Checking emails and the like (I'm available, just not at the office. Semantics, folks).
And there's a full on THUNDER AND LIGHTENING STORM. Right outside my window.

This is AWESOME.


----
PS- If anyone feels like giving advice, I need help on being the bigger person. I'm not particularly good at it. How to deal with a toxic personality and his wife for 5 days? Without losing the plot. Actual concrete suggestions. Current favorite: address the situation head on, that is, walk up, shake hands, give my condolences and they stay as far away as possible for the remainder of the trip.

2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Dear Ryan,
Since you asked.....

Here is my pat answer for dealing with stressful, difficult people.

Forgive them.

(don't hate me)

Here's how I look at it.

To forgive someone means that you are giving it to God to deal with. (In His perfect way of doing things) You worry, you pain, your anguish over it does not change the other person.)

So when you work on forgiveness you are not saying it's okay that they are mean or jerky....
It's not okay.

But giving them to God to handle.
And handing that bundle of badness off to God is a big relief.

You don't need to be friends.
Work on letting it go.

I actually do this with my hands. I lift up the problem and say...I can not deal with this....
I will forgive because you forgive me....
please take it from me....and heal my heart.

You don't tell them you are forgiving them.
It's between you and God.

But it's a really good thing. And I will pray that this might help you deal with the pain in your relationships.

You don't need to take these things into your body.
Not good for you, dear Ryan.

Give it to God to deal with.

Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.