Tuesday, June 5, 2007

"Plastics!"

For ESL, KDC, and Emma Jean Booshay...

I play it cool
And dig all jive
That's the reason
I stay alive

My motto
As I live and learn
Is:
Dig and Be Dug
In Return
--Langston Hughes

Dear-

I wanted to find some deep, profound thought, some amazing truth to send you on your way as you graduate. Sadly, I have some hideous cold and it's all I an do to remember to breathe. No profundities from me today.

That said, Langston Hughes has been kicking around my head for the past while and I thought it was as good as anything. You know, what's simple is true, Occam's Razor and all that.
Still, did and be dug, words to live by, no?

So, congratulations to you on your graduation! I am so proud of you and your accomplishments. I'm so excited to see what you'll do next. I have no doubt that it will be amazing.

Such a smart, kind, good natured and good looking kid-- how could you be anything but a success?

Congratulations!

Love,
Ryan

1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

You're a clever girl!

I will show this to Emma tomorrow.
Dig and be dug, indeed :o)