Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Resolution

They’re a tricky wicket. New Year’s resolutions, that is. I’ve done pretty well the past two years—I made several general resolutions and gave myself the entire year to accomplish them. I don’t beat myself up if I don’t make them all. I go after the spirit rather than the letter. I don’t read Figaro daily like I set out to do in Jan, but I do read the Guardian and am now fully conversant in metric units. I didn’t read 1 great work of literature a quarter nor did I finish Oxford’s History of Britain, but I did read Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and the Hound of the Baskervilles.

At the same time, I set out in January to make exercise “as much a part of my life as drinking tea and reading.” And I have. It is a part of my life, just as much as tea and reading. And just like I’m apt to read trashy novels and drink tea with whole milk and sugar, my work outs are not at optimum level.

So, for 2007 I resolve to make exercise as much a part of my life as drinking seltzer. It’s pure, clean, and good for what ails you.

No comments: